MPIWG

disease control

Disease control was a topic almost exclusively about the control of the plague. early moderns proclaimed quarantines, burned smelly substances to fumigate rooms, and wire any number of charms and herbs on their persons to protect them form the plague.

There are 95 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
Osiander Andreas How and whither a Christen man ought to flye the horrible plage of the pestilence… 1537
Elizabeth I By the Quene. Whereas the Quenes Maiestie by her proclamation dyd adiourne the terme of… 1563
Elizabeth I By the Quene. Whereas the Quenes Maiestie by her proclamation dyd adiourne the terme of… 1563
Skeyne Gilbert Ane breue descriptioun of the pest quhair in the causis, signis and sum speciall preseruatioun… 1568
Noot Jan van der The gouerance and preseruation of them that feare the plage. Set forth by John Vandernote… 1569
City of London Articles to be enquired of, what orders haue bene put in execution, for the restreinyng… 1577
Ewich Johann von The duetie of a faithfull and wise magistrate, in preseruing and deliuering of the eommon… 1583
Holland Henry Spirituall preseruatiues against the pestilence: Or A treatise containing sundrie questions both concerning the causes… 1593
Kellwaye Simon A defensatiue against the plague: contayning two partes or treatises: the first, shewing the meanes… 1593
W. I. A briefe treatise of the plague vvherein is shewed, the naturall cause of the plague… 1603
King James I By the King the care wee haue to preuent all occasions of dispersing the infection… 1603
King James I By the King forasmuch as the infection of the plague is at this present greatly… 1603
King James I By the King a proclamation signifying the Kings Maiesties pleasure, touching the resort of people… 1603
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1603
King James I By the King. Forasmuch as the Kings Maiestie our soueraigne Lord is credibly informed, that… 1603
Thayre Thomas A treatise of the pestilence: vvherein is shewed all the causes thereof, with most assured… 1603
King James I By the King. The spreading of the infection in our citie of London, and in… 1603
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
King James I By the King. Whereas the Kings most excellent Maiestie, vpon information giuen to his highnesse… 1603
Petowe Henry Londoners their entertainment in the countrie. Or the whipping of runnawayes. Wherein is described, Londons… 1604
King James I By the King the Kings most excellent Maiestie, considering what peril oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie, condsidering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie considering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1607
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders conceiued and agreed to be published, by the Lord Mayor and aldermen of the… 1608
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders conceiued and thought fit, asvvell by the Lord Maior of the City of London… 1608
King James I By the King. Whereas vvee did lately prorogue our Parliament till the ninth day of… 1609
King James I By the King. A proclamation concerning the Kings euill… 1616
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne ladie is crediblie enformed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne lady is crediblie enfourmed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. A proclamation for adjournement of part of Michaelmas tearme. Forasmuch as the… 1618