MPIWG

disease, single

A number of works focused on a single disease; plague was far and away the most common topic for such a work. Scurvy, gout, and ‘fevers’ were other topics o specific works. For us. ‘fever’ is a symptom, but it was understood as more of a multiform disease.

There are 245 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the better ordering of those who repaire to the… 1628
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the better ordering of those who repaire to the… 1629
England and Wales. An act for the charitable reliefe and ordering of person infected with the plague… 1630
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the better ordering of those who repaire to the… 1630
England and Wales. Certaine statvtes especially selected, and commanded by his Maiestie to be carefully put in execution… 1630
Paré Ambroise A treatise of the plague contayning the causes, signes, symptomes, prognosticks, and cure thereof : together… 1630
King Charles I By the King a proclamation inhibiting the resort of His Maiesties people to the court… 1631
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the better direction of those who desire to repaire… 1631
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation, inhibiting the resort of His Maiesties people to the court… 1632
Banister John A treatise of chirurgerie 1633
H. P. Gutta podagrica: a treatise of the gout 1633
King Charles I By the King a proclamation appointing the time when His Maiesties subiects may attend to… 1634
King Charles I By the King a proclamation forbidding any resort to His Maiesties Court, for cure of… 1634
Donne George The signes that doe declare a person to be infected with the pestilence. ... Preservatives against… 1636
Bradwell Stephen Physick for the sicknesse, commonly called the plague. With all the particular signes and symptoms… 1636
Royal College of Physicians of London. Certain necessary directions, aswell for the cure of the plague, as for preuenting the infection… 1636
Royal College of Physicians of London Certain necessary directions, aswell for the cure of the plague, as for preuenting the infection… 1636
Spenser Benjamin Vox ciuitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrie. Shewing them to her… 1636
Taylor John The fearefull summer: or, Londons calamitie, the countries discourtesie, and both their miserie. Printed by… 1636
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation inhibiting all persons to repaire to His Maiestie for cure… 1636
Brewer Thomas A dialogue betwixt a citizen, and a poore countrey-man and his wife, in the… 1636
Brewer Thomas A dialogue betvvixt a cittizen, and a poore countrey-man and his wife, in the… 1636
C. H. Londons Lord have mercy vpon vs. A true relation of five modern plagues or visitations… 1637
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for putting off the healing of the disease, called the… 1637
Clowes William A profitable and necessarie booke of observations, for all those that are burned with the… 1637
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for putting off the healing of the Kings Euill at… 1637
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for suspending the time of healing the disease called, the… 1638
Edwards Edward The cure of all sorts of fevers, both generall, and particular, with their definition, kindes… 1638
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation appointing the times for His Majesties healing of the disease… 1638
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for suspending the time of healing the disease, called, the… 1639