MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name Sort descending First Name Title Date
Harvey Gideon A discourse of the plague. Containing the nature, causes, signs, and presages of the pestilence… 1665
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1641
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1603
Herring Francis A modest defence of the caueat giuen to the wearers of impoisoned amulets, as preseruatiues… 1604
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1625
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisements for this time of pestilentiall contagion. With a caveat to… 1636
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1665
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
Holland Henry Spirituall preseruatiues against the pestilence: Or A treatise containing sundrie questions both concerning the causes… 1593
J. W. A collection of ... approved receipts good against the plague. 1665
Kellwaye Simon A defensatiue against the plague: contayning two partes or treatises: the first, shewing the meanes… 1593
Kemp William A brief treatise of the nature, causes, signes, preservation from, and cure of the pestilence… 1665
Kephale Richard Medela pestilentiæ: wherein is contained several theological queries concerning the plague, with approved antidotes, signes… 1665
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the further adiournment of Michaelmasse terme. Whereas our gracious… 1625
King James I By the King. Whereas the Kings most excellent Maiestie, vpon information giuen to his highnesse… 1603
King James I By the King the Kings most excellent Maiestie, considering what peril oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie, condsidering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie considering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1607
King James I By the King the care wee haue to preuent all occasions of dispersing the infection… 1603
King James I By the King forasmuch as the infection of the plague is at this present greatly… 1603
King James I By the King. Forasmuch as the Kings Maiestie our soueraigne Lord is credibly informed, that… 1603
King James I By the King. The spreading of the infection in our citie of London, and in… 1603
Lodge Thomas A treatise of the plague: containing the nature, signes, and accidents of the same, with… 1603
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets collected by the elaborate pains of four several students… 1653
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected by the elaborate paines of four severall students… 1652
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected together by the elaborate paines of four severall… 1653
Manning James A new booke, intituled, I am for you all, complexions castle: as well in the… 1604
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1665
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: Being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1666
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter: wherein the method of curing broken bones, and strains, and dislocated… 1657