MPIWG

chemical

Chemical remedies became increasingly popular over the course the early modern period, augmenting older preparations made from plants and animal parts. Often associated with the sixteeenth-century healer Paracelsus, chemical remedies were often controversial for physicians, but popular with patients.

There are 240 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
Byfield Timothy A further short account of the true sal volatile oleosum, and my panacea made from it 1697
Headrich John Arcana philosophica [sic] or, Chymical secrets, containing the noted and useful chymical medicines of Dr… 1697
Headrich John Arcana philosophia, or, Chymical secrets containing the noted and useful chymical medicines of Dr. Wil… 1697
Colbatch John A treatise of the gout: wherein both its cause and cure are demonstrably made appear… 1697
Colbatch John The doctrine of acids in the cure of diseases farther asserted: being an answer to… 1698
Colbatch John Four treatises of physick and chirurgery: Viz. I. A physico-medical essay concerning alkaly and… 1698
Lémery Nicolas A course of chymistry, containing an easie method of preparing those chymical medicins which are… 1698
[author not specified] ...true relation of one stung to death by a serpent…and perfectly cured by a wonderful medicine 1698
Lémery Nicolas A course of chymistry, containing an easie method of preparing those chymical medicines which are… 1698
Lémery Nicolas A course of chymistry, containing an easie method of preparing those chymical medicins which are… 1698
Colbatch John The doctrine of acids in the cure of diseases farther asserted: being an answer to… 1698
Coward William Alcali vindicatum: or, The acid opiniator [sic] not guilty of truth. Being an impartial enquiry… 1698
Boulton Richard An examination of Mr. John Colbatch his books viz. I. Novum lumen chirurgicum, II. Essay… 1698
Spire John The natures, uses, & doses of several approved and experienced medicines, faithfully prepared by John Spire… 1698
Tuthill Francis A vindication of some objections lately raised against Dr. John Colbatch his hipothesis. Together with… 1698
Emes Thomas A dialogue between alkali and acid: containing divers philosophical and medicinal considerations wherein a late… 1698
Emes Thomas A dialogue between alkali and acid: containing divers philosophical and medicinal considerations, wherein a late… 1699
Salmon William Synopsis medicinæ: or, A compendium of the theory and practice of physick. In seven books… 1699
Byfield Timothy A short description and vindication of the true sal volatile oleosum. Of the ancients: wherein… 1699
Wilson George A compleat course of chymistry. Containing near three hundred operations; several of which have not… 1699
Wilson George A compleat course of chymistry. Containing near three hundred operations; several of which have not… 1699
Colbatch John A collection of tracts, chirurgical and medical, viz. I. A new light of chirurgery; or… 1699
Boulton Richard An examination of Mr. John Colbatch his books, viz. I. Novum lumen chirurgicum. II. Essay… 1699
Emes Thomas A letter to a gentleman concerning alkali and acid. Being an answer to a late… 1700
[author not specified] A letter to a physician concerning acid and alkali 1700
Stringer Moses Variety of choice experiments made of two incomparable medicines: elixir febrifugium martis, and salt of… 1700
Wilson George A compleat course of chymistry. Containing near three hundred operations; several of which have not… 1700
Tryon Thomas The good housewife made a doctor ... being an appendix to the book entitled, "The way… 1700
Colbatch John A collection of tracts, chirurgical and medical; viz. I. A new light of chirurgery; ... II… 1700
Emes Thomas A letter to a gentleman concerning alkali and acid. Being an answer to a late… 1700