MPIWG

surgery

Surgery in the early modern period does not mean operative surgery, as it does today, but a wider range of practice focused on the exterior of the body. Surgeons dealt with wounds, swellings, discharges, broken bones, and dislocations. They were also the healers most often involved in the treatment of venereal diseases, in part due the the external’ nature of the signs.

There are 234 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
W. W. Novum lumen chirurgicum extinctum: or, Med. Colbatch’s New light of chirurgery put out. Wherein the… 1695
Le Clerc Charles Gabriel The compleat surgeon: or, the whole art of surgery explain’d in a most familiar method… 1696
Wiseman Richard Eight chirurgical treatises, on these following heads, viz. I. Of tumours. II. Of ulcers. III… 1696
Tryon Thomas Miscellania: or, A collection of necessary, useful, and profitable tracts on variety of subjects, which… 1696
Culpeper Nicholas Culpeper’s school of physick 1696
Read Alexander Chirurgorum comes: or, the whole practice of chirurgery. Begun by the learned Dr. Read; continu’d… 1696
Tilburg Cornelius In Bruges-street in Covent-garden, over-against the Kings-Play-House or Rose-Tavern… 1697
Wiseman Richard Eight chirurgical treatises, on these following heads, viz. I. Of tumours. II. Of ulcers. III… 1697
Tryon Thomas Notable things, or, The way to save wealth. Treating, I. Of sobriety and temperance. II… 1697
Colbatch John Four treatises of physick and chirurgery: Viz. I. A physico-medical essay concerning alkaly and… 1698
Colbatch John Novum lumen chirurgicum vindicatum: or, The new light of chirurgery vindicated from the many unjust… 1698
Browne John Myographia nova: or, a graphical description of all the muscles in the humane body, as… 1698
Colbatch John Novum lumen chirurgicum: or, A new light of chirugery· Wherein is discover’d a much more… 1698
Boulton Richard An examination of Mr. John Colbatch his books viz. I. Novum lumen chirurgicum, II. Essay… 1698
Salmon William Ars chirurgica. A compendium of the theory and practice of chirurgery. In seven books. Containing… 1698
Colbatch John A collection of tracts, chirurgical and medical, viz. I. A new light of chirurgery; or… 1699
Colbatch John Novum lumen chirurgicum: or a new light of chirurgery. Wherein is discover’d a much more… 1699
la Vauguion M. A compleat body of chirurgical operations, containing the whole practice of surgery. With observations and… 1699
Salmon William Synopsis medicinæ: or, A compendium of the theory and practice of physick. In seven books… 1699
Salmon William Ars chirurgica. A compendium of the theory and practice of chirurgery. In seven books. Containing… 1699
Colbatch John A collection of tracts, chirurgical and medical; viz. I. A new light of chirurgery; ... II… 1700
Cooke James Mellificium chirurgiæ: Or, The marrow of chirurgery. With the anatomy of human bodies according to… 1700
Cooke James Mellificium chirurgiæ: Or, The marrow of chirurgery. With the anatomy of human bodies according to… 1700
Elmy At the Blew-Ball in Sir William Pritchards [sic] rents in Haydon-Yard in the… 1700