MPIWG

practitioner, promotional

Many an advertisement was for a practitioner, not a specific remedy. Itinerant healers in particular would print up a bunch of handbooks when they arrived in town, advising of their arrival, while established healers might also advertise in broadsides, or, more subtly in the prefaces to their books.

There are 198 books tagged with this term.

Last Name Sort descending First Name Title Date
Page William Whereas, upon grounds of conscience, and charity, I have endeavoured, in the sphere of my… 1665
Pechey John Advertisement. J Peachey, Physitian, is remov’d... 1685
Pechey John Advertisement. J. Pechey physician that lodg’d at the angel and crown in King-street near… 1685
Pechey John Advertisement. The physitians of the colledge, that us’d to consult twice a week, for the… 1695
Pechey John Advertisement. At the Angel and Crown in King-street, near Cheap-side, next door to… 1685
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Basing-lane, being the second turning in Bread-street… 1685
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Basing-lane, being the second turning in Bread-street… 1685
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Basing-lane, being the second turning of the left… 1700
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Basing-lane, being the second turning on the left… 1685
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Basing-lane, the second turning in Bread-street from… 1685
Pechey John At the angel and crown in Ba[z]ing-lane, being the second turning in… 1685
Pechey John At the blew ball in Great Knight-Rider-Street, by doctors commons back-gate liveth… 1680
Piercy John An advertisement... famous and most approved lozenges... by John Piercy 1685
Puncto Joannes Baptista Guardano Lodovico The skilfull mountebanke. Or, Come, and I’le cure you. It hath not so much power… 1638
Russel Eliz. That famous friendly pill, electuary, and balsam of balsams of Dr. George Jones of Hatton… 1680
Russell John J. Russel, physician and oculist, at the Two Blew Posts against Gray’s-Inn in Holbourn… 1680
Russell John J. Russel, physician and oculist, at the Two Blew Posts against Gray’s-Inn in Holbourn… 1680
Russell John J. Russel. Professor of physick, and oculist. At the Two Blew Posts against Grays-Inn… 1680
Russell John Removed from Smithfield to Leather-Lane in Holborn, by the Hole in the Wall, the… 1680
Saffold Thomas Read, try, judge, and speak as you find. The sick may have advice for nothing… 1682
Saffold Thomas Dear friends, let your disease be what God will[,] pray to him for a cure… 1682
Saffold Thomas Read, try, judge, and speak as you find. Just by Ludgate, at the Black Ball… 1682
Smith James Smith’s experiments, being a true direction how t[o] prepare several medicines that have been… 1679
Smith James Smith’s experiments, being a true direction how to prepare several medicines that have been daily… 1681
Socburgh Willemina Sasbout van Beloved Reader, being lately come into this kingdom, I do according to my duty, make… 1690
Souburg Abraham Mille opifex rerum medicaminis author, & auspex primus lethæos docuit depellere morbos. Be it known unto… 1690
Spinke John A most certain, safe and speedy method of curing the French disease, without fluxing, danger… 1700
Spinke John At the Golden-Ball in Duke-Street in the Old-Artillery without Bishops gate, advice… 1700