MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Sort descending Date
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
Goeurot Jean A new booke entyteled the regiment of lyfe: with a syngular Treatise of the pestilece… 1543
Manning James A new booke, intituled, I am for you all, complexions castle: as well in the… 1604
Drouet Pierre A new counsell against the pestilence, declaring what kinde of disease it is, of what… 1578
[author not specified] A passing gode lityll boke necessarye [and] behouefull 1485
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets collected by the elaborate pains of four several students… 1653
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected by the elaborate paines of four severall students… 1652
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected together by the elaborate paines of four severall… 1653
Baley Walter A short discourse of the three kindes of peppers in common vse... 1588
Bèze Theodore de A shorte learned and pithie treatize of the plague, wherin are handled these two questions… 1580
Thayre Thomas A treatise of the pestilence: vvherein is shewed all the causes thereof, with most assured… 1603
Paré Ambroise A treatise of the plague contayning the causes, signes, symptomes, prognosticks, and cure thereof : together… 1630
Lodge Thomas A treatise of the plague: containing the nature, signes, and accidents of the same, with… 1603
[author not specified] Advertisement. An excellent preservative against .... infectious diseases 1665
Cock Thomas Advice for the poor by way of cure & caution. Being very sensible that it is… 1665
England and Wales. An act for the charitable reliefe and ordering of person infected with the plague… 1630
Taylor John An answer to that question, hovv farre it is lavvfull to flee in the time… 1636
[author not specified] An approved antidote or cordiall medicine... 1650
Thayre Thomas An excellent and best approoued treatise of the plague. Containing, the nature, signes, and accidents… 1625
[author not specified] An unparalel’d antidote against the plague 1665
Skeyne Gilbert Ane breue descriptioun of the pest quhair in the causis, signis and sum speciall preseruatioun… 1568
H. H. Another godly letter, lately written to the same H.H. by his owne sister out of… 1625
University of Cambridge Articles and orders agreed vpon by the right worshipfull Iohn Mansel Doctor of Divinitie, and… 1625
City of London Articles to be enquired of, what orders haue bene put in execution, for the restreinyng… 1577
King James I By the King forasmuch as the infection of the plague is at this present greatly… 1603
King James I By the King the care wee haue to preuent all occasions of dispersing the infection… 1603
King James I By the King the Kings most excellent Maiestie, considering what peril oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the further adiournment of Michaelmasse terme. Whereas our gracious… 1625
King James I By the King. Forasmuch as the Kings Maiestie our soueraigne Lord is credibly informed, that… 1603
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie considering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1607