MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Whereas the Queenes Maiestie our most gratious soueraigne Ladie, by reason of… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne Ladie is credibly enfourmed, that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Whereas the Queenes Maiestie our most gratious soueraigne Lady, by reason of… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Whereas the Quenes Maiestie by her proclamation did adiourn the terme of… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queenes commandement. Forasmuch, as it is found by good proofe, that many persons… 1618
Falkland Henrie By the Lord Deputie and Councell. Henrie Falkland. Forasmuch as the infection of the plague… 1625
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the further adiournment of Michaelmasse terme. Whereas our gracious… 1625
Petowe Henry The countrie ague. Or, London her vvelcome home to her retired children. Together, with a… 1625
Spenser Benjamin Vox civitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrey. Shewing to them her… 1625
Spenser Benjamin Vox civitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrey. Shewing to them her… 1625
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1625
[author not specified] The Red-Crosse: or, Englands Lord haue mercy vpon vs 1625
Thayre Thomas An excellent and best approoued treatise of the plague. Containing, the nature, signes, and accidents… 1625
Taylor John The fearefull sommer: or Londons calamitie, the countreys discurtesie, & both their miserie. By Iohn Taylor… 1625
H. H. Another godly letter, lately written to the same H.H. by his owne sister out of… 1625
University of Cambridge Articles and orders agreed vpon by the right worshipfull Iohn Mansel Doctor of Divinitie, and… 1625
Penkethman John The cities comfort: or, Patridophilus his theologicall and physicall preservatives against the plague, and all… 1625
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders to be vsed in the time of the infection of the plague vvithin the… 1625
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders heertofore conceiued and agreed to bee published by the Lord Mayor and Aldermen of… 1625
Corporation of London. Lord Mayor. By the major whereas the infection of the plague is daily dispersed more & more in… 1625
England and Wales. An act for the charitable reliefe and ordering of person infected with the plague… 1630
England and Wales. Certaine statvtes especially selected, and commanded by his Maiestie to be carefully put in execution… 1630
Paré Ambroise A treatise of the plague contayning the causes, signes, symptomes, prognosticks, and cure thereof : together… 1630
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1630
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1630
Royal College of Physicians of London The Kings medicines for the plague. Prescribed for the yeare 1604. by the whole Colledge… 1630
Boraston William A necessarie and briefe treatise of the contagious disease of the pestilence, with the causes… 1630
Corporation of London. Lord Mayor. By the mayor the right honourable the lord mayor, and his brethren the aldermen of… 1630
Burges Dr. Doctor Burges approoved medicine against the plague… 1635
Royal College of Physicians of London. Certain necessary directions, aswell for the cure of the plague, as for preuenting the infection… 1636