How to Use Platin
- Download the CSV file for the data you want to visualize from any of the options in the "Analyze" menu above, and save the file to your computer. For example, select "Download books by topic" and then choose "anatomy." Your browser should offer you to save the file "anatomy.csv" (in Safari you may need to select "Save as" and select "page source" as format).
- Open the Platin histogram tool using the "Open Platin" link in the header box, above.
- Under "Load Data" select "local CSV file" in the select box.
- Click the "Browse" button and select the CSV file you want to use on your computer.
- Click the "Load CSV" button.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- If you would like to compare the data with additional datasets you can load more CSV files by repeating the steps 3 to 5 above. The new dataset will show up in the histogram with a new color, and its data table will show up under a new tab in the same color below.