MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
King James I By the King. The spreading of the infection in our citie of London, and in… 1603
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
Dekker Thomas The vvonderfull yeare. 1603. Wherein is shewed the picture of London, lying sicke of the… 1603
King James I By the King. Whereas the Kings most excellent Maiestie, vpon information giuen to his highnesse… 1603
W. I. A briefe treatise of the plague vvherein is shewed, the naturall cause of the plague… 1603
[author not specified] Sundrie approved remedies against the plague… 1603
T. W. A casting vp of accounts of certain errors, being answered in items, to the summa… 1603
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1603
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1603
King James I By the King the care wee haue to preuent all occasions of dispersing the infection… 1603
Thayre Thomas A treatise of the pestilence: vvherein is shewed all the causes thereof, with most assured… 1603
King James I By the King forasmuch as the infection of the plague is at this present greatly… 1603
Dekker Thomas Nevves from Graues-end: sent to nobody… 1604
Herring Francis A modest defence of the caueat giuen to the wearers of impoisoned amulets, as preseruatiues… 1604
Petowe Henry Londoners their entertainment in the countrie. Or the whipping of runnawayes. Wherein is described, Londons… 1604
Manning James A new booke, intituled, I am for you all, complexions castle: as well in the… 1604
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health, chiefly made for the comfort of students, and consequently for all… 1605
King James I By the King the Kings most excellent Maiestie, considering what peril oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie, condsidering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie considering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1607
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders conceiued and agreed to be published, by the Lord Mayor and aldermen of the… 1608
[author not specified] ... buried in London within the wals this weeke 1608
City of London. Court of Aldermen Orders conceiued and thought fit, asvvell by the Lord Maior of the City of London… 1608
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health, chiefly made for the comfort of students, and consequently for all… 1612
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne ladie is crediblie enformed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne lady is crediblie enfourmed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene whereas the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne lady by reason of the plague… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. A proclamation for adjournement of part of Michaelmas tearme. Forasmuch as the… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Whereas the infection of the plague and pestilence doth at this present… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne Ladie is credibly enfourmed, that… 1618