MPIWG

disease, single

A number of works focused on a single disease; plague was far and away the most common topic for such a work. Scurvy, gout, and ‘fevers’ were other topics o specific works. For us. ‘fever’ is a symptom, but it was understood as more of a multiform disease.

There are 245 books tagged with this term.

Last Name Sort descending First Name Title Date
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne ladie is crediblie enformed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne lady is crediblie enfourmed that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. A proclamation for adjournement of part of Michaelmas tearme. Forasmuch as the… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne Ladie is credibly enfourmed, that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Forasmuch as the Queenes Maiestie our soueraigne Ladie is credibly enfourmed, that… 1618
Queen Elizabeth I By the Queene. Whereas the Quenes Maiestie by her proclamation did adiourn the terme of… 1618
R. M. The meanes of preventing, and preserving from, and curing of the most contagious disease, called… 1665
Royal College of Physicians of London Certain necessary directions, as well for the cure of the plague as for preventing the… 1665
Royal College of Physicians of London The Kings medicines for the plague. Prescribed in the year, 1604, by the whole Collodge… 1665
Royal College of Physicians of London The King’s medicines for the plague. Prescribed for the year, 1604. by the whole Collodge… 1665
Royal College of Physicians of London Certain necessary directions, as well for the cure of the plague, as for preventing the… 1665
Royal College of Physicians of London Certain necessary directions, aswell for the cure of the plague, as for preuenting the infection… 1636
Royal College of Physicians of London. Certain necessary directions, aswell for the cure of the plague, as for preuenting the infection… 1636
Russel William De calculo vesicæ: Or a discousre [sic] concerning the stone in the bladder. Wherein is… 1691
Sennert Daniel Doctor D. Sennertus of agues and fevers. Their differences, signes, and cures. Divided into four… 1658
Sherwood Thomas The charitable pestmaster, or, the cure of the plague, conteining a few short and necessary… 1641
Sherwood Thomas The charitable pestmaster, or, the cure of the pla… 1641
Simpson William Two small treatises the first, a further essay towards the history of this present fever… 1678
Simpson William Zenexton ante-pestilentiale. Or, A short discourse of the plague: its antidotes and cure, according… 1665
Simpson William A short essay towards the history and cure of fevers, particularly of this new autumnal… 1678
Skeyne Gilbert Ane breue descriptioun of the pest quhair in the causis, signis and sum speciall preseruatioun… 1568
Skinner Some observations made upon the Russia seed, shewing its admirable virtues in curing the rickets… 1694
Spackman Thomas A declaration of such greiuous accidents as commonly follow the biting of mad dogges, together… 1613
Spenser Benjamin Vox civitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrey. Shewing to them her… 1625
Spenser Benjamin Vox civitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrey. Shewing to them her… 1625
Spenser Benjamin Vox ciuitatis, or Londons complaint against her children in the countrie. Shewing them to her… 1636
Spon Issac Observations on fevers and febrifuges. Written in French by Monsieur Spon, one of the most… 1682
Streater Aaron An ague, vvhich hitherto amongst all sorts hath beene accounted the physitians shame, both for… 1641
Sudell Nicholas The description and cure of the Kentish and all other agues: plainly discovering what it… 1669
Talbor Robert Pyretologia, a rational account of the cause & cure of agues, with their signes diagnostick & prognostick… 1672