MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name Sort descending First Name Title Date
Harvey Gideon A discourse of the plague. Containing the nature, causes, signs, and presages of the pestilence… 1665
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1625
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisements for this time of pestilentiall contagion. With a caveat to… 1636
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1665
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1641
Herring Francis Certaine rules, directions, or advertisments for this time of pestilentiall contagion: with a caueat to… 1603
Herring Francis A modest defence of the caueat giuen to the wearers of impoisoned amulets, as preseruatiues… 1604
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
Holland Henry Spirituall preseruatiues against the pestilence: Or A treatise containing sundrie questions both concerning the causes… 1593
J. W. A collection of ... approved receipts good against the plague. 1665
Kellwaye Simon A defensatiue against the plague: contayning two partes or treatises: the first, shewing the meanes… 1593
Kemp William A brief treatise of the nature, causes, signes, preservation from, and cure of the pestilence… 1665
Kephale Richard Medela pestilentiæ: wherein is contained several theological queries concerning the plague, with approved antidotes, signes… 1665
King Charles I By the King. A proclamation for the further adiournment of Michaelmasse terme. Whereas our gracious… 1625
King James I By the King the care wee haue to preuent all occasions of dispersing the infection… 1603
King James I By the King forasmuch as the infection of the plague is at this present greatly… 1603
King James I By the King. Forasmuch as the Kings Maiestie our soueraigne Lord is credibly informed, that… 1603
King James I By the King. The spreading of the infection in our citie of London, and in… 1603
King James I By the King. Whereas the Kings most excellent Maiestie, vpon information giuen to his highnesse… 1603
King James I By the King the Kings most excellent Maiestie, considering what peril oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie, condsidering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1606
King James I By the King. The Kings most excellent Maiestie considering what perill oftentimes ensueth by the… 1607
Lodge Thomas A treatise of the plague: containing the nature, signes, and accidents of the same, with… 1603
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets collected by the elaborate pains of four several students… 1653
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected by the elaborate paines of four severall students… 1652
M. A. A rich closet of physical secrets, collected together by the elaborate paines of four severall… 1653
Manning James A new booke, intituled, I am for you all, complexions castle: as well in the… 1604
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1665
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: Being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1666
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter: wherein the method of curing broken bones, and strains, and dislocated… 1657