MPIWG

practitioner, promotional

Many an advertisement was for a practitioner, not a specific remedy. Itinerant healers in particular would print up a bunch of handbooks when they arrived in town, advising of their arrival, while established healers might also advertise in broadsides, or, more subtly in the prefaces to their books.

There are 198 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort descending
Gervaes Maister Moreouer yf any be diseased with the pockes, ... let hym come to maister Geruaes, which… 1552
Elyot Thomas The castell of health, corrected and in some places augmented by the fyrst author thereof… 1580
Anderson Anthony An approved medicine against the deserued plague 1593
Clarke John The trumpet of Apollo: sounding out the sweete blast of recouerie, in diuers dangerous and… 1602
Bowden Nicholas Be it knowne vnto all men, that I Nicholas Bowden chirurgion, cutter of the stone… 1605
Gordon William Pharmaco-pinax, or A table and taxe of the pryces of all vsuall medicaments, simple… 1625
Kellicke Richard Soli deo gloria know all men by these present, that I, Richard Kellicke, professor of… 1625
Puncto Joannes Baptista Guardano Lodovico The skilfull mountebanke. Or, Come, and I’le cure you. It hath not so much power… 1638
Walwyn William Spirits moderated, and so qualified, as to maintain the true natural heat & radical moisture of… 1654
Lockyer Lionel Dr. Lockyer’s vindication; and an infallible experimental confirmation of the vertues of his universal pill… 1658
Bartlett C. Bartlett, at the Golden Ball, by the tavern in Prescot-street... 1660
Buckworth Theophilus The approved success which you have found of those famous lozenges [?] of Mr. Theophilus Buckworth… 1660
Buckworth Edmund Gentlemen, be pleased to take notice, that those so famous lozanges or pectoralls approved for… 1660
Buckworth Edmund Directions for taking the so much approved lozanges… 1660
[author not specified] In Red-Lion-Court, without Bishopsgate... 1661
[author not specified] Reader, what is proposed to view... 1662
Barker Richard The great preservative of mankinde... 1662
Lovell William Approved receipts, or The Queens representation, to this our English nation. And to all the… 1663
Lockyer Lionel An advertisement concerning those most excellent pills, called, pillulæ radijs solis extractæ. Being an universal… 1664
Lockyer Lionel An advertisement, concerning those most excellent pills called pillulæ radijs solis extractæ. Being an universal… 1664
Page William Whereas, upon grounds of conscience, and charity, I have endeavoured, in the sphere of my… 1665
Greatrakes Valentine A brief account of Mr Valentine Greatrak’s, and divers of the strange cures by him… 1666
Lockyer Lionel An advertisement, concerning those most excellent pills called pilulæ radiis solis extractæ. Being an universal… 1667
Belke Michael Directions..., touching the proper use of... Dr. De-Laun’s head-pills 1667
Greatrakes Valentine A brief account of Mr. Valentine Greatrak’s, and divers of the strange cures by him… 1668
B. P. Pilulæ antipudendagriæ, or, Venus’s refuge 1669
[author not specified] An advertisement to the sick: The scurvy... 1670
Colly Anthony Natures champion, sounding a challenge to her stoutest assailants: or, a more ample explanation of… 1670
Barrow J. Membrorum principalium apostasia... infirmities which proceed from a defection... 1670
[author not specified] At the Golden-Ball in Princes-Street, near Stocks-Market, you may have a certain… 1670