MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Sort descending Date
[author not specified] Pharmacopoeia Belgica 1699
Fedro von Rodach George Physicall and chymicall vvorks, composed by Geor. Phædro, sirnamed the Great, of Gelleinen; viz. 1… 1654
[author not specified] Physicall directions in time of plague 1644
Bradwell Stephen Physick for the sicknesse, commonly called the plague. With all the particular signes and symptoms… 1636
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1592
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1594
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1603
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1665
Herring Francis Preservatives against the plague... 1641
Belson John Remedies against the infection of the plague, and the curing thereof, and rules which are… 1665
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1630
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1630
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1636
D. I. Salomons pest-house, or tovvre-royall. Nevvly re-edified and prepared to preserue Londoners with… 1636
Diemerbroeck Ysbrand van Several choice histories of the medecines manner and method used in the cure of the plague 1666
Peachi John Some observations made upon the Barbado seeds, shewing their admirable virtue in curing dropsies. Written… 1694
Holland Henry Spirituall preseruatiues against the pestilence: Or A treatise containing sundrie questions both concerning the causes… 1593
[author not specified] Sundrie approved remedies against the plague… 1603
Cooke James Supplementum chirurgiæ or The supplement to the marrow of chyrurgerie 1655
Sherwood Thomas The charitable pestmaster, or, the cure of the plague, conteining a few short and necessary… 1641
Sherwood Thomas The charitable pestmaster, or, the cure of the pla… 1641
Barbette Paul The chirurgical and anatomical works of Paul Barbette... 1672
[author not specified] The choicest and approved antidotes against the plague 1665
[author not specified] The Christians refuge: or Heavenly antidotes against the plague... 1665
Penkethman John The cities comfort: or, Patridophilus his theologicall and physicall preservatives against the plague, and all… 1625
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1665
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter enlarged: Being the method of curing broken bones, dislocated joynts, and… 1666
Moulton Thomas The compleat bone-setter: wherein the method of curing broken bones, and strains, and dislocated… 1657
Petowe Henry The countrie ague. Or, London her vvelcome home to her retired children. Together, with a… 1625
Woodall John The cure of the plague by an antidote called aurum vitæ. Being well approved to… 1640