MPIWG

plague

The plague was probably the singe most feared disease in the early modern period, and a host of publications addressed its signs, treatment, and prevention.

There are 215 books tagged with this term.

Last Name First Name Title Date Sort ascending
Lodge Thomas A treatise of the plague: containing the nature, signes, and accidents of the same, with… 1603
Dekker Thomas The vvonderfull yeare. 1603. Wherein is shewed the picture of London, lying sicke of the… 1603
King James I By the King. The spreading of the infection in our citie of London, and in… 1603
Hobbes Stephen A nevv treatise of the pestilence, containing the causes, signes, preseruatiues and cure thereof. The… 1603
Dekker Thomas The vvonderfull yeare. 1603. Wherein is shewed the picture of London, lying sicke of the… 1603
King James I By the King. Whereas the Kings most excellent Maiestie, vpon information giuen to his highnesse… 1603
W. I. A briefe treatise of the plague vvherein is shewed, the naturall cause of the plague… 1603
[author not specified] Sundrie approved remedies against the plague… 1603
T. W. A casting vp of accounts of certain errors, being answered in items, to the summa… 1603
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1603
Clarke John The trumpet of Apollo: sounding out the sweete blast of recouerie, in diuers dangerous and… 1602
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health, chiefly made for the comfort of students, and consequently for all… 1596
Goeurot Jean The regiment of life. VVhereunto is added a treatise of the pestilence, with the book… 1596
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1594
[author not specified] Orders, thought meete by Her Maiestie... 1593
[author not specified] Orders, thought meete by her Maiestie, and her priuie Counsell, to be executed throughout the… 1593
Holland Henry Spirituall preseruatiues against the pestilence: Or A treatise containing sundrie questions both concerning the causes… 1593
Kellwaye Simon A defensatiue against the plague: contayning two partes or treatises: the first, shewing the meanes… 1593
[author not specified] Orders, thought meete by her Maiestie... 1592
Brasbridge Thomas The poore mans iewell: (So called bicause of the great commoditie that may come vnto… 1592
[author not specified] Good councell against the plague 1592
[author not specified] Present remedies against the plague 1592
Elizabeth I By the Queenes commaundement... 1589
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health: chiefly made for the comfort of students, and consequently for all… 1589
Baley Walter A short discourse of the three kindes of peppers in common vse... 1588
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health: chiefly made for the comfort of students, and consequently for all… 1588
Cogan Thomas The hauen of health: chiefely gathered for the comfort of students, and consequently of all… 1584
Ewich Johann von The duetie of a faithfull and wise magistrate, in preseruing and deliuering of the eommon… 1583
Brasbridge Thomas The poore mans iewell, that is to say, A treatise of the pestilence. Vnto the… 1580
Bèze Theodore de A shorte learned and pithie treatize of the plague, wherin are handled these two questions… 1580